Wednesday, June 16, 2010

sleep please!

Well, we're here in Beijing.
We are exhausted. We are trying to stay up a little longer and then hoping to sleep 12 hours. The flight went well. It was very very long, but good otherwise. Ben was able to sleep a little. The last 40 minutes we ran into a thunderstorm that brought the worst turbulence I've ever felt. Luckily, Ben slept through the whole thing, but it left me feeling very nauseous and yucky. Then I was worried after we got off, because I was still feeling pretty green, that I was going to start vomiting and then get held in quaratine as we went through customs. We walked through the giant scanner that took our temps on the way through, no problem and shortly after I started feeling a little more grounded.
We found our driver no problem, he's also our guide for our time in Beijing; he's very nice. I have to listen closely to understand his english, but he's very nice.
We got to the hotel; dropped off, and then had issues because my credit card wouldn't work. I was on the verge of tears, so upset because I did talk with the bank last week and thought I had taken care of it, so felt helpless. Luckily, they let me pay cash for tonight, but I can't keep doing that because I'll run out. Hopefully Jason can get it sorted out on that end by tomorrow for me.
Anyways, by the time we got upstairs, we were both in tears. Ben said 'i just wanna go home.' He's so tired. So am I. He was a trooper today.
Anyways, I really am exhausted, so that's all I've got for now.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Valerie and Jeff said...

I did not realize you were traveling with BEN! Oh how wonderful ... but I will say extra prayers for you knowing how much YOU must feel like you are carrying on your shoulders as the adult. Remember the words to that Chris Tomlin song:
Our ___ is greater
Our___ is stronger
___ you are higher than any other ...
Our___ is healer
Awesome in power.
Our ___ ... our ___ .
And if our___ is for us
Then who could ever stop us?
And if our___ is with us
Then who could ever stand against us?

Don't let evil steal the joy from your journey! You are up against a lot ... but you are not alone and are SO close to the goal! When you look back on this you will know that the nausea and nervous moments and chaos was ALL worth it! Pr*ying you through the hard times and back home again! I look forward to your time at ND! Give Samuel and Elizabeth a hug for me please if you see them! And Rita too. :-)
Blessings!
Valerie

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'd have to agree with Valerie - this is just another test to see how much you "want it" - is it really worth it? Is traveling all the way across the world and going through all of this really worth it so that Jenna will have a forever family? The sacrifice? The time? The energy? The nervousness?

Yes, yes, and yes!! I promise that it will get better! Praying you got some rest and that you enjoy your visit to New Day!

Ashley said...

YOU ARE THERE!!!!!! You are going to feel better. Rest.
My whole body was miserable for about 2 full days. By the time we got Grant, I loved Chinese food, I could think and reason somewhat clearer. You are on a very emotional journey - praying you are flooded with the emotion of joy and you are showered with his abundant peace!
It is going to be great!!!!
Read 2 Thess. 2:15-18. Will be praying this for you. Hugs! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!!
Please give Karen a hug from me when you see her.

Much much love!

living4him5 said...

Hang in there Vicki!! Get some rest and you will feel so much better. The enemy obviously is attacking because in a few short days there will be one less orphan. GOD IS MIGHTY and will take care of you, Ben and Jenna.

Sending hugs,
Amy <><

ljk said...

Glad you made it ok, although tired :) What an exciting adventure awaits you and Ben. Hugs to you both!

The Fam said...

It'll only get better...wait til you see Jenna. Kind of sounds like being pregnant and then seeing your sweet babies face! Everything drops away. Praying for your rest.