Monday, August 13, 2007

a legacy

This week's message from Pastor Brooks was part of our Life of Abraham series. He talked about "The Next Generation," and about the faith that Abraham had with his son Isaac. Then he tied it to us, present day.

It was a message that hit me hard. Something that I needed to hear, just at the time I heard it. Don't you love it when God gives you a message that you're sure was meant for YOU? It sure puts me in my place. Anyway, we've been really seeking God recently, as I hope that we always do, but most recently we've had a big decision before us regarding our kids. Then we heard this message. It brought to the surface exactly what was in our hearts and what we knew; it was just being clouded over by the circumstances and "dust" of everyday life. The very things that have made us overlook this issue for quite awhile now. And through a lot of prayer on our parts lately, God intervened for us with this message, as though He were wiping away all the dust and cloudiness on the surface of the glass, so that we could see CLEARLY the answer there right before us. I am so humbled by this God who intervenes for me.


"Do not conform any long to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7


I wanna leave a legacy, how will they remember me?
Did I choose to love, did I point to you?
Enough to make a mark on things,
I wanna to leave an offering,
a child of mercy and grace, who blessed your name,
unapologetically, to leave that kind of legacy.
(Nichole Nordeman, Legacy)

No comments: