Thursday, August 23, 2007

bring the rain

Several days this week it has been raining in the afternoons.
One minute it's sunny, the next dark and stormy and pouring rain.
Well yesterday, it started raining, but it was still sunny and
no threat of lightning, thunder, or storm. Just rain.
It took a little convincing because all of them are so scared of storms, but I told them to go out and play in the rain. Don't worry, it's JUST raining, I told them.
When I mentioned they could take off some clothes before going, they were sold on the idea. Abby especially, was overjoyed to go OUTSIDE in her underwear.
Seems questionably 'redneck'-ish to me, but oh well.
On their way inside, Matthew was the first to say, which the other two quickly repeated,
"Mom, thanks for letting us do that. That was the most fun of my life."......
'Absolutely. It's fun to be a kid,' I replied.


4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

reminds me of how we are to be - with our childlike faith! PLUS, it IS fun to go outside in your underwear!!

Unknown said...

Vicki,
So i checked your website and the song dancing queen comes on. are you kidding me?! if you have to have that song, you have to at least add 'i like to move it move it' so that i can think of matthew dancing...did you get that bull riding thing for ben?

Vicki said...

alright, alright. i'll give on this one. i love it. my ringtone on my phone is dancing queen! what bullriding thing?? no idea what that's about...

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

HEY, MY KIDS ALWAYS WENT OUT TO PLAY IN THE RAIN--UNDERWEAR, SWIMSUIT, SOMETIMES LESS. WE DID LIVE IN THE COUNTRY, MILES AWAY FROM THE NEAREST NEIGHBOR. IT IS ONE OF GOD'S GIFTS FOR ALL TO
ENJOY.