Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day this year was certainly a busy one.
We had a baseball tournament this weekend, so games on Sunday, at 10:15 and 12:15.... back to back, really. But I was greeted that morning by three kiddos each with a gift and homemade card. Apparently, they each got to shop for me and choose my gift themselves. Abby chose a Life is Good tshirt that has a tulip (my favorite flower) and says "Grow." Ben chose a Cubs shirt I said I liked at Scheels, and Matthew chose Cubs pajama pants that I also commented on at Scheels. Just when I thought they never pay attention to me!!!
After Ben's first game Sunday, each boy found his mom and gave her a flower. Very sweet. It's still in the vase and in the photo below, I'm also wearing my new shirt.....
Later in the day, Matthew had a soccer game, and Abby was supposed to have a game as well, but wasn't feeling well so didn't make it. We came home and ordered carry-out for dinner to cap off a terrific family day.
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love your new Cubbies shirt!!

LAURA said...

i love that shirt!!