Sunday, October 12, 2008

fall sports

Ok, so since having kids we've been waiting, and dreading the crazy busyness that life in sports brings. It's really a double-edged sword. It's fun to see your kids enjoying sports, but the runaround it brings is less than thrilling.

Anyways, this year, both boys wanted to try soccer. Sure, that sounds good, and it's always good to try new things right? Well, flag football is also in session and we should have stuck to the preexisting rule. We've had this rule to only have each kid participate in one sport per season, so as to eliminate some of the craziness. Well, I decided to go out on a limb and ignore the rule to let them try soccer. And when signing up, I thought I had it figured out that soccer would be on Saturdays, and football on Sundays. I didn't even think about practices for both, and then after it started I discoverd the mix-up. Only Ben plays soccer on Saturdays. Both football games and Matthew's soccer games are on Sundays. It's my own fault, I brought it on myself. I ignored the preesisting rule. And so now, with just two weeks remaining, it seems bearable. But last Sunday, it all seemed worth it when at football, Ben scored a touchdown, and at soccer, Matthew scored a goal. It was also cool that then on Monday, the verse we were learning about taught about humility and not boasting. A nice reminder to them that "by the grace of God, I am what I am." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Thankful for that grace of God!!