Tuesday, July 24, 2007

shooting stars and smores

if I were to make a list of some of the "small things" I enjoy most, these two would definitely make the cut. I saw my first shooting star just a few nights ago, and I was upset with myself afterwards that I haven't taken the time to stargaze long enough to have seen one before. What a perspective to sit gazing at the sky and stars above and think about the God who created it all. And that he loves ME. In relation, a speck in the universe, and so unworthy. Pretty amazing.

And to top it off with a well-prepared smore, well, you just can't beat it.

The perfect mallow. mmmm, I can taste it now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I get to have smores with you guys before I go back to school. I think me and the kids will have to have a smores eating contest to see who can eat the most. See you guys soon!

Vicki said...

thanks for the comment dos!
we can definitely arrange a smores event. looking forward to seeing you soon!

Football and Fried Rice said...

exactly what God would have planned for us: shooting stars & smores...really!!