Thursday, April 19, 2007

Days Like This

Probably a common thought for mom is the somewhat regular conviction about spending time with your kids. Not just with them, but really engaged with them. Well I've been feeling that alot lately, especially as they get older and are able to play on their own, it's easy to let them and then I can do my own thing.
Well, who would have thought that I would have been reminded of this conviction by Van Morrison. Last night Abby and I were dancing around the kitchen, to a song of his I've loved for a long time, Days Like This. But it was the lyrics that I heard that struck me and were so perfect for the moment I was enjoying with my daughter:
when you don't have to worry, there'll be days like this,
when no ones in a hurry, there'll be days like this....

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Van Morrison is what we can call an "unlikely" hero! Nothing like being humbled by an aging musician.......