Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Super Bowl-ing!


Well, the only real interest I have in the Super Bowl is that it marks the end of the football season, and that much closer to baseball season being back. However, this week, I saw a news story on abc's evening news and now I at least have a team to cheer on. I'm going for the Giants. Not because they're the underdog, though I would like to see the Patriots shut-out season come to an end before they get too terribly arrogant. But the reason is because they are having this honorary captain for the game, an Iraq War Veteran. It was a really endearing story and a better reason to cheer on a team than by which colors I like better, so I'm going with it.
Check out the story yourself if you're curious.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/PersonOfWeek/story?id=4229330&page=1

No comments: