Monday, November 26, 2007

so much to be thankful for



Happy Thanksgiving! A little late, but we had a really busy week last week and blogging just didn't happen.

We had some great friends from Colorado visit, we got to hang out with them on several occasions and while it was terrific to see them, I think it also made all of us realize how much we really miss them. We also had some family visit, and other friends from Minnesota that we always look forward to seeing.

We are so blessed and have so many things to be thankful for. I cut out leaf shapes while we were waiting for lunch and had the kids color them and then each of us wrote things we are thankful for on them. Then we scattered them along the table for decorations during our feast. (yes, we prepared the Thanksgiving meal for the SECOND year in a row, and those of you who have known me longer than 5 years know that this in itself is truly amazing, and certainly something to be thankful for!) Anyhow, I really encouraged the kids to give this some thought and I was hoping for answers that represented things that were most important to them. Matthew sweetly wrote each person in our families' name on his leaves, Abby transcribed to me to write Grandmas, Grandpas, and Uncle Brian, and Ben, being nearly eight, wrote football!! Oh well, it certainly captured each of them pretty well at this point in their lives.


1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Looks like my grandsons were having fun with your kids!!!! Glad they got a chance to visit with you guys. I still miss her so much!!! A visit just isn't enough....